Salve, O Lector.
I’m going to try to keep track of things I do related to my writing and research once a week, as an accountability exercise. This includes all facets of writing, including reading.
Writerly things achieved this week:
- Started taking my online presence as an author a bit more seriously—established this blog, joined Twitter.
- Released my first academic book. Try my hand at publicising it. Suddenly find the reach on my author Facebook page has exploded to about 2000 people and I’ve got 139 following my blog. Eeek.
- Posted off the manuscript to my novel Ashes of Olympus. *fingers crossed*
- Wrote marketing plan for novel. Was surprisingly fun
- Translated a passage of Greek for an article I’m working on. Working on a source that hasn’t been translated before is a bit like walking a tightrope minus the net.
- Just for something completely different, read an Aussie steampunk novel. Wrote lots of notes. Expect a review in a few weeks.
Bit tired. But it’s been a good week.
Until next time, vale.